Saturday, March 27, 2010

He Must Increase, I Must Decrease

Broken Chains











I found this blog as I was suffering through things on my computer (you would say surfing...ha). I noticed this person isn't running it, hasn't maintained it, isn't writing on it anymore or...I just don't know enough about computers and couldn't figure out how to refresh the page (probably the last option...lol).

I read this and had to share it with you. I'm not sure if this person is still walking with God or even alive, but this is a message right on point. I hope they are...both walking with God and still alive that is. Wow! This person really got it last summer. This is something special. I hope we all get this at some point.

_____________________

July 19, 2009

I am so glad that I entitled this blog ‘The Lamp Life’-Changes with God-because changes are exactly what I have encountered this summer. I just got back from Texas and I learned more about myself and my relationship with God than I have all summer long.

I learned how great God is and how not great I am. Through learning about the greatness of God I learned of my issue of pride. I also learned that it is because of my pride that I continually live in bondage. I have issues overcoming my strong holds because I try to fix them myself using my own “will-power.” I have been shown time and time again that will-power can not stand but my pride refused me of seeing it. God does NOT want this for me. God wants me to tap into a true power..the power of the Spirit. In order to have power from the Spirit I must commune with it daily,minute to minute. When choosing to ignore it’s call to commune I choose to rely upon myself. I wish I had understood a long time ago that I am worshiping God by not giving in to these fleshly indulgences of a false sense of power.

“God will never allow us continued success through our pure fleshly determination to touch not, taste not, handle not. He knows we would end up worshiping our own wills and mehods. Through the might of His Spirit relased through His Word we are empowered to say no to the things we should and yes to freedom, moderation, and better health.”-Beth Moore

source:http://jessicakvick.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment