Sunday, March 21, 2010

Our Sunday Shout


















"O Lord, we rejoice in Your strength. How great is our joy in the victories You give!

You have granted us the desire of our heart and have not withheld the request of our lips. Selah

You welcomed us with rich blessings and crown our head with pure gold. We asked You for life, and You gave it to us— length of days, for ever and ever.

Through the victories You gave, our glory is great; You have bestowed on us splendor and majesty. You have granted us eternal blessings and made us glad with the joy of Your presence.

We trust in You, Lord; through Your unfailing love, Most High, we are not shaken."

Be exalted, O Lord, in Your strength; we will sing and praise You for Your mighty deeds.

(taken from Psalm 21)

Written on James Jackson's Facebook Notes, my Pastor (for roughly 10 years) while I was in prison and still a mentor


For those of you following my blog, when you see this man's picture and read the words above, you are seeing and reading evidence of God's faithful in my life throughout the years.

James Jackson is a man's man of God. He tells it like it is and cares about the people listening to what he says. I witnessed this in my own life. I witnessed it as I observed him in the lives of others.

In a culture with so many unsure of who to trust with the Gospel of Christ, we can trust this man.

You may have heard me say or read in an article the determination I had to live out the rules of honor, integrity, virtue and faith in a world of "self" preservation and violence. God sent me many tools to work with in this determination. He also sent me craftsmen to learn how to use those tools.

I'm thankful for James Jackson.


No comments:

Post a Comment