Monday, October 25, 2010

Our Hiding Place, Our Hope ~ Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior

"His oath, His covenant, His blood, 
support me in the o'er whelming flood, 
when all around my soul gives way, 
He then is all my Hope and Stay. 

When darkness veils His lovely Face, 
I rest on His unchanging grace, 
In every high and stormy gale, 
my anchor holds within the veil. 

On Christ the Solid Rock I stand, 
All other ground is sinking sand."

"When our wounds are raw and bleeding, God wants us to turn directly into Him. He wants us to run to our Hiding Place, our High Tower, our Balm of Gilead" Marilyn Plott 

Proverbs 13:12. "Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when desire cometh, it is a Tree of Life."

Romans 5:5. "Hope does not disappoint; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost, which is given unto us."

3 comments:

  1. My prayers for you are always spilling over into thanksgivings, that the lines of purpose in your lives never grow slack, tightly tied as they are to your future in heaven, kept taut by our shared hope in Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am deeply touched Josh, this is heartfelt and full of the love of Christ Jesus. May His love and wisdom continue to pour into you and find favor in all that you do for His glory.

    Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josh,

    Simply beautiful.

    Sincerely,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete