Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Fearless?

When I see Jesus, I see love - the perfect fearless love of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 

Jesus is fearless. Was He when He faced the Cross? That's an interesting question. It's commonly believed that He was, but even if that were true, of what? Was He afraid of dying? No. He knew He'd raise. Was He afraid of suffering? Maybe, but not with fear as we know fear, though I believe He wasn't. He knew His purpose, lived His purpose, and His purpose was/is amazing love.


‎"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love." 1 John 4:18. 


His love was/is perfect. He knew no fear of His own. If any fear was known by Him in the garden, on the road to the Cross and on the Cross, and I do believe this, it was our fear and our sorrow. His purpose was redemption. He saved us wholly, even from our fears. He redeemed us from OUR fears.

"God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

"We love Him because He first loved us". 1 John 4:19.

Are you loving fearless? If not - pray and listen to His heart beat, listen to the rhythm, listen to His leading and -

- He/His love will make you/your love fearless.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Josh. Just checking in after being away for a couple of weeks. Your last posting, "Fearless?" was right on time for me. I have been seeking the Lord about a situation for the past couple of months, and feeling like I was just kind of spinning my wheels. This post has ministered so very much to me, my life and my nearly constant issues with anxiety. God has heard my feeble prayer and caused my eyes to be opened to truths in His word that directly relate to what my family and I are going through right now. I knew all along that He was hearing my prayer. It is just that I must be a slow learner and He was waiting until the right time for me to receive this wonderful blessing.

    Praise to God for His never ending deep, deep love. Praise to God He has His vessels ready to give out of the abundance of the love He has poured into them.

    It is known that Stonewall Jackson's wife once said to her husband when he was set to return to the field, (Have you seen the movie 'Gods and Generals'?)"We have no reason to fear. We serve a loving God, and He is always faithful." Beautiful.

    May God continue to heap blessings upon you, Brother Josh.

    In our Lord, Christ Jesus,
    Mrs. Ann Cantrell

    ReplyDelete