Monday, October 4, 2010

Heard This Last Night ...and was left speechless

So many of our kids are out there being abused, battered and disillusioned by the brutality of uncaring parents and adults around them. Their hearts are crying out for love. They need us. Let's help them believe.














I don't know what the exact numbers are for today. I spent quite a bit of time today looking for some sort of statistical analysis for 2010 and couldn't come up with much, but... Here's my take. Even if the numbers somehow dramatically dropped from the highs of 2007 to the lows of 1998 (according to this graph), we're not where we should be. No child left behind needs to take on a new meaning in this country and around the world. 

Something needs to be done to protect our kids. 

The oath of our President includes the following. 

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

The United States Oath of Allegiance (officially referred to as the "Oath of Allegiance," 8 C.F.R. Part 337 (2008)) is an oath that must be taken by all immigrants who wish to become United States citizens. The first officially recorded Oaths of Allegiance were made on May 30th, 1778 at Valley Forge, during the Revolutionary War.

The current oath is as follows:

"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God."

Jesus died on the Cross and resurrected on the third day to rescue us all from the abuses of sin. Isn't it time we, as His rescued, rescue others as well?

1 comment:

  1. "Jesus died on the Cross and resurrected on the third day to rescue us all from the abuses of sin. Isn't it time we, as His rescued, rescue others as well?"

    In total agreement Josh. I know the horrors of abuse and neglect, I know what it feels like as a kid, feeling unloved, in constant fear, that there was no hope left and the only way out was suicide. My prayer has been continuous in the Lord using me (a laborer) in the harvest to reach out to those that have or are experiencing abuse, abandonment and feeling isolated from others. What is important is that we reach these kids for Jesus' sake. Too many are turning to drinking and drugs, trying to find "love" through sexual encounters, and sadly many are choosing suicide because they feel there is nothing left for them, and they just don't want to go on anymore.

    God delivered me from the hurts of those memories, He has brought more clarity to those things that I had to endure, and my goal has been for some time now and will continue to be, reaching out to the youth. I see the potential in so many of our kids, underneath the hardness of some, the fear of others, there are gifts just waiting to be revealed and shared with the world, but they have no encouragment, they don't see or feel that anyone cares. I care Josh, you care and above the both of us, Jesus cares, and He needs as many people who are willing to step in and as you said, rescue them as Jesus rescued us.

    I think back to the project we did based on your friends sermon...I don't think anything has impacted me as strongly as reading the concerns of our Lord for the children as that did. Every once in a while I pull it out and read it again and again. These kids are worthy of our time.

    ReplyDelete